Whether you are in need of a marquee tent for your next great event, a tarpaulin or cover to protect your valuables, a swimming pool cover to help you save money in the off-season, a cricket pitch cover to ensure the pitch remains dry enough for a match, or in need of any custom-made product, choosing the right supplier or manufacturer is very important. When investing in any PVC or canvas product for your business or home that is worth your money, it is therefore important to take some time in considering the following when weighing up several quotations before you make your final choice of supplier or manufacturer.
THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT
Although cost is important, topping the list should always be the quality of the product. Buying cheap mostly ends up in a costly exercise. Buying a top quality product from Midrand Tarp & Tent will ensure that you will have many years of service. A good way to determine the best quality is to check and consider the thickness and type of material used, but also how the product is manufactured.
Thickness and type of material
You want a product that is light and easy to handle but durable enough to withstand all kind of conditions. Ensure that the material used to manufacture your product is 1st grade material that is ISO9001 certified and proudly SA manufactured, and carries at least 12-months warranty backed by the material manufacturer.
It is important to choose the right type and thickness of material for your product:
- PVC: This material is 100% waterproof, highly durable and flexible and come in the following thicknesses: 550g (Medium duty), 700g (Heavy duty), and 800g (Extra heavy duty).
IMPORTANT: The tear and tensile strengths of the tarp is determined by the base cloth. Ensure that the base cloth used consists of threads of polyester running in two directions and is either a full Panama weave (two yarns running together in each direction this gives extra tear strength), or a half Panama weave (two yarns running together in one direction and the yarn in the other direction is a single yarn).
- Polyethylene: This is heavy-duty plastic that is lightweight and nearly 100% waterproof and come in a thickness of 180g (High density).
- Canvas: This material is made from highly durable ripstop canvas (Riptech) that is fungal resistant and waterproof, and come in the following thicknesses: 260g, 300g, 400g, and 500g.
Quality manufacturing process
The quality manufacturing of the product is just as important as the material used. Ensure the following:
- PVC high frequency welding is used to ensure strong seams and joins.
- Polyethylene and canvas stitching is up to the best standards.
- Stainless steel eyelets are used.
SALES AND CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
When buying your product, it is not just about considering the material and quality, but also to consider the sales and customer service experience you receive:
- Have you been attended to friendly and effective?
- Has the different options in terms of type of material been explained? (Remember that you can ask for the material specs, as well as references.)
- Was the quote clear and on time?
- Has the sales T&C’s, warranty and after sales service been explained?
- Has a possible collection date been communicated?
All Midrand Tarp & Tent’s products are covered by a range of warranty lengths, depending on the product, as set out below and includes the materials used and workmanship for every product:
- Marquee tents – 24 months.
- All other products – 12 months.
- Repairs – 6 months.
Warranty terms and conditions are available on request.
Choosing the best quality product for your business or home is very important to ensure maximum output and enjoyment. Speak to a professional at Midrand Tarp & Tent today should you need more information in order to make right choice. Hope to hear from you soon.
Team Midrand Tarp & Tent