MIDRAND TARP & TENT PRIVACY NOTICE
Updated: 11 August 2021
This privacy notice describes how we collect, use and disclose your information when you visit www.midrandtarpandtent.co.za (the “website”). It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. By using this service and/or contacting its owners, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this privacy notice and do so at your own discretion and risk.
INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural:
- Company (referred to as either “the company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this agreement) refers to Midrand Tarp & Tent, 62a Gazelle Avenue, Corporate Park South, Midrand, Gauteng, 1692, South Africa.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to South Africa.
- Device means any device that can access the service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal information or data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, device information and enquiry information.
- Service refers to the website.
- Service provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of the company, to perform services related to the service or to assist the company in analysing how the service is used.
- Usage data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself.
- Website refers to Midrand Tarp & Tent, accessible from midrandtarpandtent.co.za.
- You mean the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
WE USE THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Log files track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
- Google analytics track website activity such as session duration, pages per session, bounce rate etc. of individuals using the website, along with the information on the source of the traffic.
THE TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal information may include, but not limited to:
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Contact number
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you have a question regarding our product and need more information.
- When you need a quote for one of our products or services.
- When you want to share a comment.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- When you visit the website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
- Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website, and information about how you interact with the website.
- When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information that we collect generally for the following purposes:
- To contact you by email, telephone, cell phone, or other forms of electronic communication.
- To provide youwith news, special offers and general information about our products, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To attend and manage your requests to
- To provide, maintain and improve our services, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, marketing and your experience.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice. We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your personal data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Third parties – We may share your personal information with third parties (as described above) to help us understand how our customers use the website. You can read about how Google Analytics uses your personal information: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Business transactions – If the company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal data may be transferred. We will provide notice before your personal data is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy notice.
Law enforcement – Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (E.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements – The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
WHEN WILL WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party.
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business.
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject.
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business.
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. We strongly advise you to review the privacy notice of every website you visit. We have no control over and accept no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites or services.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform, respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone, email and WhatsApp. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the digital advertising alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a “do not track” signal from your browser. If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to: The CEO, Midrand Tarp & Tent, PO Box 50083, Randjesfontein, 1683, South Africa, or to email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in Terms of Condition 8 of POPIA. You may request Midrand Tarp & Tent to correct, supplement or the destruction of any of your personal data which Midrand Tarp & Tent will undertake as soon as practicable. The CEO of Midrand Tarp & Tent will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Midrand Tarp & Tent from destroying your personal data. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update our privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new privacy notice on this page. You are advised to review this privacy notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this privacy notice are effective when they are posted on this page.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at the contact details below. You can also complain to the information regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your information. Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street,
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
POPIA Complaints email: POPIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za
PAIA Complaints email: PAIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint or request, please contact us:
Midrand Tarp & Tent
PO Box 50083, Randjesfontein, 1683, South Africa
Telephone nr: +27 11 314 8596
RESOURCES AND FURTHER INFORMATION