As an event specialist, buying the right marquee tent can be daunting as there are many variables to consider. Whether you want to use the tent to host weddings to remember, throwing a school or family reunion, hosting a fundraiser, or orginasing a corporate event, the right tent can add charm and glamour to any event. Tents have many uses, therefore you need to choose the right tent with the correct specifications. Here are a few points to consider to help you make the right decision:
THE TYPE OF TENT
- Peg & pole marquee tents are a great choice for events such as church service, functions and weddings. The peg & pole marquees are expandable with two end caps and midsections are added as extensions to fulfil your requirements.
- Framed marquees tents are elegant, versatile and an open space unobstructed by interior centre poles, providing more room for seating, dancing and entertainment. This modular tent is available in six different widths and is extendable.
- Mini marquees tents are lightweight and compact for easy transport, storage and handling. Very popular for churches, funerals and parties.
- Stretch tents are a great choice for outdoor functions and weddings and easy to erect.
THE RIGHT SIZE
- Outdoor space available – It is important to ensure that the tent you choose will fit into the available space. Remember to leave at least three meters around the perimeter of the tent. Also consider any neighbouring buildings, cooking facilities and necessary access.
- Number of guests invited – The more guests you have, the larger the tent need to be, or it may be necessary to have more than one tent for the event. Will the guests be seated around tables or not, and will there be a dance floor, stage, bar, etc.? Tents that are too small leave guests feeling cramped or even left outside of the tent.
BLOCK OUT PVC TENT ROOF (800GSM)
The African sun can be very harsh and choosing Block Out will like the name say “block out” the sun.
- Very beneficial when presentations and photography is done inside the tent.
- The tent will be cooler with Block Out than with standard PVC material.
- The material is stronger and treated with a gloss finish that will extend the lifetime of the tent.
- It is more expensive that standard PVC material.
- It can be darker inside the tent and would need artificial lighting.
- The roof is heavier than a standard PVC tent.
STANDARD PVC TENT ROOF (700GSM OR 550GSM)
You want a product that is light and easy to handle but durable enough to withstand all kind of conditions.
- It is more economical.
- The material is a good quality that will last a long time.
- Natural light comes through the material if it is a light colour like white.
- In the evening the tent is visible if proper lighting is used inside the tent.
- It is not as heavy as Block Out PVC.
- It can become very warm inside the tent.
- During the day presentations and photography can be problematic.
DIFFERENT WINDOWS FOR THE TENT
You can either use clear PVC or gauze for the tent windows.
Clear PVC arch windows with cottage pane look (400Micron)
- Aesthetically it is very appealing.
- It lets in natural light in the tent.
- You can decide how many you require.
- It doesn’t let through fresh air.
Gauze windows (Weldable mesh or shade net window with flap and zips)
- Will let through fresh air that helps with the ventilation in the tent. (We recommend these windows for churches or gatherings where the people are seated cinema style.)
- They have flaps that can be closed with zips if the weather is unpleasant.
- You can decide how many windows you require.
- It can be dark inside the tent if the flaps are closed.
GROUNDSHEETS (550GSM, 700GSM AND 800GSM)
PVC groundsheets help to keep out the dirt or mud, and also to keep the inside of the roof clean when putting the tent up. Choose a subtle colour that will blend in like dark earth, dark grey or dark green. Groundsheets should be seamed and have eyelets in the seams (1m apart) if you need to anchor the groundsheet with small pegs. When the tent is very big, groundsheets should be made in sections, so that they are more manageable.
Choosing the best quality product for your business or home is very important to ensure maximum output and enjoyment. Speak to a professional at Midrand Tarp & Tent today should you need more information in order to make right choice. Hope to hear from you soon.
WE CAN SUPPORT YOU TO MAKE YOUR NEXT EVENT A MEMORABLE ONE BY HELPING YOU TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT TENT FOR YOUR NEEDS